No products in the basket.
1. What first got you interested in fashion and designing?
Designer : Elizabeth Southwood .
Sauvage was founded in 1985 by Simon and Elizabeth Southwood.
All design and manufacture is done in our own facility in San Diego , California
Proudly designed and Made in the USA !!
Fabrics and trims are sourced from the finest mills in Italy and Spain , and Elizabeth
works closely with designers to create the unique and aspirational Sauvage look.
2. Where do you find your inspiration?
Elizabeth has been interested in design all her life . as a teenager designing and making her own clothes was
always a passion. Inspiration comes form all aspects of fashion – shoes, clothes ,jewelry etc- she is always getting ideas and translating them for swimwear.
3. Can you describe your swimwear in 3 words?
Swimwear is always – “ Chic , Glamorous and Unique “
4. What do you enjoy most about designing swimwear?
“i just love picking up fabric, letting ideas and colors run around inside me – and creating something beautiful “
5. Do you have a favourite piece and what is it?
My favorite piece – that is difficult , but I always seem to pick the plunging one piece with the Gold Snake Swarovski Crystal – makes me feel good every time !
6.Why is it important that women wear swimwear that fits properly?
Swimwear fit is paramount – it is why we use superior fabric, particularly Xtra Life Lycra , and why I insist on overseeing production in our own facility. Good fit gives a woman the confidence to feel her best.
7. How do you utilize social media to promote your business?
Social Media has transformed the world , besides spreading the word, we use it to get invaluable feed back form our customers,Instagram is my favorite.
8. How would you describe your own personal style?
“My style is , I hope, understated – but glamorous and chic !! “
9. What 5 holiday essentials do you always take with you?
Holidays – well , I like to take all the fashion magazines I did not have time to read before – my iPad for checking on the latest trends, Chanel sunglasses,
YSL heels – and finally – my husband !
10. What can we expect from the next collection?
The 2016 collection is very exciting ,fabulous new shapes and colors , a jewelry collection for the swimwear .
11. Whats your favorite swim trend?
Sauvage Swimwear will feature a lovely Boho- Chic , look , pastel prints cover-ups – but with unexpected accessories ,
and a nod to the 70s with Glam Rock inspired styling and fabrics.
12. Who are your favorite fashion designers right now?
Luxe by Sauvage – 2016 will feature luxurious prints and cover-ups , and a capsule collection of easy to wear ,
easy to pack, vacation wardrobe, with drape shirts, dresses etc.
13. What 5 holiday essentials do you always take with you?
This season we are introducing Savage Sport – Activewear with an Attitude !
14. What can we expect from the next collection?
For 2016 – look for swimsuits that are bold and aspirational , engineered prints , our specialty ,that will be unique.
15. Whats your favorite swim trend?
My favorite trend is flowing silk cover ups and caftans , printed to match the swimsuits.
16. What do you look for in models to represent your brand?
We look for models that know to carry the look -its not just a perfect size /face , its the attitude and confidence that shines through, we look for models with a fashion edge, some of our favorite Sauvage models were Rosie Huntignton – Whitely , Candice Swanapoel, Irina Shayk , and our new find for 2016 Danish super model Josephine Skriver.
17. Any fashion tips for next season?
For a sneak peak ,click here
New Collection photogrpahed at the fabulous Jade Mountain in St.Lucia.
18. What upcoming events or plans do you have for your line?
Sauvage will be showing the new collections at the upcoming summer trade shows , and showing in L.A and New York runway shows.